Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Christoffer Nolans Short Doodlebug

So I'm currently trying to stay away from any word of mouth on "Inception" as Im going to see it later today and the less I know the better. Ive seen the teaser trailer, but avoided the official one. So much so that I litterly stuck my head down in the popcorn bag while on the screening for Prince of Percia. I've been warming up with re-watching Memento (one of my favourite movies) and The Prestige (also just amazing in its own terms) and rented both the Norwegian film Insomnia and Nolan's remake as I'm sure Ile be wanting more after tonights premiere.

In my search of finding more about the works of the director ,I came upon a short he did 12-13 years ago. The style is familiar, and as much as the premise is more high concept, the action is bad. Never the less. It does the job. The short film, titled Doodlebug, was made in 1997, and stars Jeremy Theobald who also starred in Nolan’s debut feature "Following" (which is going to be released later this year)

I think you’ll readily identify themes that run throughout much of Nolan’s later work. Notably, matters of being, paranoia, the dark nature of the material etc.



Also adding the trailer for "Following"

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]