Saturday, May 23, 2009

Red faction MP demo out!!

After playing the RF SP demo for quite some time now and have basicly destroyed everything on the level.. at least 5 times now, I jumped trought the roof when I saw this:



I dont play multiplayer any longer since I feel its a waste of time plus the fact that Im more interessted in the singler player aspects of storytelling, character arc and animation. I did play alot of Jedi knight Outcast and Acadamy in my younger days and had my fair share of CS,Q3,STARCRAFT and SOF2 matches but I walked away from this the later years I have strayed away from this. Never toutched WOW or Warhammer online and working on a AA title MMO certainly dident help much, but when I saw the MP footage above I said: "Screw that! Im getting in on this". I booted up my 360 (since the mp demo hit there first) but I encounterd a huge wall called subscription. I have recently gotten alot of mail due to the fact that Im not renewing my subscription fee on Xbox live.



I have abandoned XBL since I bought PS3. Its just more sleeker and more intuetive (plus the huge fact that Playstation Network is free!) Im saving it to a exclusive game. Though I doubt that will happen with nowdays licenses. Most games come on all plat..... ANYHOO! Im strafing away from the subject. I couldent get online with my XBL account because of its payment thing and I cant change it back to silver either (Silver subscription is free but then you have to wait a couple of days more for the demoes to go from GOLD til SILVER.. haha oh the madness) So I abandoned the box and waited a couple of hours and then turned on the PSN and there it was in all its glory. RED FACTION MP DEMO! and Infamous demo! Yay!


I downloaded it and was ready to start hammering away when nothing happend in the game lobby. It couldent connect to any server. After a quick google-session I found the blog for RF and there they say:

******
We wanted to let everyone know that we are aware of an issue surrounding the MP Demo matchmaking on the PS3 version of the demo. We are already looking into it, and will have more information soon.

We appreciate your patience during this time and I'll update this post once there is more information.

******

So gah.. I have to wait a little more then. I got one match in yesterday thinking it might have been fixed but no. The match was good and gave me a taste at what the final version would be like. Im still looking forward to RED FACTION when it hits next month. (June 26)

In the mean time I will just have to settle with Infamous.. or go play with my GI joe`s in the sandbox... *sight*

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]