Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vray time!

Lately I have been getting into Vray as a proprietary render for my 3d work and so far its been a dream to work with. Much thanks to http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRayHelp150beta/ There are some things that Mental ray does better but Vray is faster and more correct at times plus its way more intuitive to work with. Atleast it feels like that. These are some minor tests.

Test of displacement map on sphere. Trying to emulate grass:


This is a speedmood I gave my students. they where to make a classic guitar within 2 hours. Seeing how much fun they hade with the assigment I decided to try it myself. This was done in about one hour + render time:



Test of caustics which also went pretty smooth:



This model is not made by me. I only did the lighting and materials. Vraytml (vray material is suprisingly strong and fast)

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjb6P4kLqac8GPo_f30Mwy3b6UB7C-lfmOYaDtUw-McFfY0DtSBHGbUBijmm6QJxeLtt9SLMtEbYuXPB0BZcZHJYuGm5OJ2t-qhv1w9Zc2Ky8QHdTe3tLFBFjdN3yJIT2Gel8N5/s1600-h/car_studio_render_10_Vray.jpg">



Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]