Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tim Burton Talks "Alice" Adaptation

Director Tim Burton says he plans to stay true to Lewis Carroll's original stories for his adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland".



He tells Sci-Fi Wire that the story is "just such a classic, and the imagery is so surreal. I don't know; I've never seen a version where I feel like they got it all. It's a series of weird adventures, and to try to do it where it works as a movie will be interesting...The imagery, they've never quite nailed making it compelling as a full story. So I think it's an interesting challenge to direct."

Burton will also produce the adaptation, which will use both live action and performance-capture animation. Filming is set to begin in early 2008 and Burton will work from a script by Linda Woolverton ("Beauty and the Beast").

Thats great news!.. I was hoping for more of a stop motion/"Nightmare before christstmas" style but this might also work.

My hopes are someting like American Mcgee`s Alice in Wonderland

Im not worried at all. Burton could come out tomorrow and say that he was to redo Talladega Nights or Die Hard 3 and I would be just as happy.

PS: I would love to see Johnny Depp as the Cheshire Cat..

source

Labels:


Comments:
OMG! I'm so pissed about this!! I love Tim Burton's work except for 'Willy WOnka'--I HATED the computer animation he added, and Disney seemed to have a bull dog on a chain when they gave it to him, because he wasn't able to make it as eccentric as I felt the real Roald Dahl piece was. With Lewis Carrol's work, I KNOW Tim Burton could do something amazing(I see a Pan's Labyrinth type of film for this), but U KNOW Disney won't let that happen!
Does Disney own the rights or something?!
I don't want a bunch of CGI that will give the movie the same fake look that the factory had-in my opinion.
I want a PG-13 rating at the lowest...really-I was so excited to hear this was happening, but now I'm worried it will fall flat to my expectations....so sad...ugh!
 
Depp is not the cat ehe is the mad hatter.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]