Saturday, December 01, 2007

Gamereviewer reviewed?



Gamereviewer Jeff Gerstmann from gamespot.com was, according to rumors, fired from his after a rather negative review of Eidos/Io interactive newest game "Kane and Lynch"

Gerstmann has been a gamereviewer for many years for Cnet owned Gamespot and has gotten lots of respect within the gaming community

It was after giving Kane and lynch a dazzeling score of 6.0 (out of 10), that he supposedly was laid of

The reason for this reaction was that Eidos was threatening to pull a huge ad campaign they had running for "Kane and Lynch" after the rather harsh review Gerstmann gave the game.

This is just rumors, but is currently beeing confirmed by a freelancer working for Gamespot that Gerstmann is out of the company, but he will not say what caused this.

What does all this mean? Well I guess it further amplifyes my recentment towards gamereviews videos. I think its fake and I have yet to find a reviwer thats totally honest. (With the exception of myself and Yahtzee) I do watch them but Im going to try the games for myself anyway, but then again Im not the kind of person that steers away from a movie just because my friends or online reviews says its bad. I check it out anyway. I go on a little quest for myself in order to find out why or what is wrong with it. How can I fix it. What would I have done here..

Im still going to play Kane and lynch since its from the creators of the hitman series and I do need a new game to play =P

gotta play them all..

See the horrefying "honest" review here!



Penny Arcade has allready made a comic of the incedent.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]